The 2019 poster contest is NOW open for all students in grades 6th-12th. Kaiser Permanente’s goal for the 2019 year is to uncover the latest attempts at the top tobacco companies and combat the myth of vaping/juuling and the effect it has on youth! We want to hear your VOICE about the concerns affecting YOUR generation to share with YOUR Peers. Your art, story, voice will be shared all over the greater Sacramento area on billboards, radio, Twitter and more! Please see below for all the GREAT PRIZES!
Before submitting your entry forms , please read through the contest rules:
- All participants must be in the 6th through 12th grades.
- The billboard message must be anti-smoking, vaping, juuling.
- Only original artwork (computer generated artwork will be accepted.)
- No photographs or other copyrighted material and do not use cartoon or comic characters (i.e. Mickey Mouse, Joe Camel, etc.
- 10 words maximum and drawing must not exceed 9 x 13 size paper
- Write BOLD and CLEAR and use BRIGHT colors.
- Do not use themes associated with death (i.e. graveyards, skulls, etc.)
- In order to be eligible for consideration, the entry form must be completely filled out and signed by the student and parent/guardian.
- Keep it simple – remember that a picture is worth 1,000 words
PRIZES (Pssst…what’s in it for you…)
- Grand Prize High School Winner & Grand Prize Middle School winner will each receive a $1,000 Gift Card AND your winning image will be displayed on Billboards throughout the Greater Sacramento area, on Kaiser Permanente sponsored materials, Twitter and MORE!
- Any school that has entries will have a winner who will receive a $50 Gift Card.
- Teachers Also WIN: If your School has more than 75 entries, teachers will receive: $25 Gift Card. entry in a raffle to win $100 Gift Card. (Three Eligible Teachers will be drawn)
- School/Teacher with an entry that makes the “KP TOP 20, ” will also receive a $50 Gift card
- School/Teacher with the Grand Prize winning entries will also receive a $100 Gift card
- All entries are due by Friday, May 3rd.
- Voting will begin after 5 PM on Monday, May 13th, and will close Sunday, May 19th @midnight.
- Grand Prize Winners will be announced the week of May 20th.
Winning entries often undergo some professional refinement prior to publishing. Check out some example before and after looks from previous DBTL winners’ Entry Forms. You can also view our past winners.